8 14 13
Support Bloodbikes by attending the 2016 PRESCOTT Bike Festival…
The Bloodbikes are a charity which like the Air Ambulance receives no financial support from the Government and relies solely on donations from the Public.
Bloodbikes was originally started by three gents who lives were affected by the delay in getting lifesaving blood to hospitals around the country – a service that now covers most of the country… but that’s not all… they now also deliver premature baby milk.
The riders are all volunteers and many have day jobs and deliver this life saving service at night – Kudos all round!
There’s a good possibility that someone you know has had a Blood Transfusion and there’s a good chance that it was delivered by Bloodbikes. So please make a donation either directly to them via their site or take that £4 you would have spent on a beer and put it in their bucket when you see them at various shows around the UK.
Talking of which! The PRESCOTT BIKE FESTIVAL is such an event and it’s a real doozy. Here’s just some of the highlights:
- A 1988 Bimota YB6, 1000cc – One of only 510 YB6’s built Bimota with the FZR 1000 engine. This bike was owned by the President of the Bimota Club in Italy, before being imported to the UK in 2015 by present owner
- A 1989 Yamaha FZR 750RR OW01, 750cc. Only 500 of these bikes were built to homologate them for World Superbike entry, most of which went straight onto the racetrack, with very few remaining in road trim.
- A 1997 Honda CBR600 600cc World Supersport race bike formally raced by James Toseland
- The 2002 Vertemati Supermoto 570cc David Jeffries Supermoto factory race bike
- The 2005 Honda Fireblade 1000cc, Ex Ian Hughes TT bike, Southern 100 winner and Macau GP Bike
- Plus an incredible collection of KTM SuperMoto bikes, including the British Championship winning machine.
- The World’s fastest shopping trolley (powered by a Chinook helicopter engine (holy hells!)
With celebrity appearances from Maria Costello CBE (attempting the famous hillclimb), Kevin Schwantz (with his 1995 Suzuki RGV500 XR85), Tom ‘The Atom’ Anable (builder and racer of Monowheels) and the wonderfully inspiring Talan Skeels Piggins – the World’s foremost paraplegic motorcycle racer.
There will be bundles to see and do:
Ride: You can ride the world famous Prescott Hill and be a Star of the Show, entries are limited and all places for 2016 are now booked, but there’s lots of general admission tickets- book now to get 20% off the gate price.
See: Get up close and personal with over 100 historic, rare, modern, factory race bikes, one off special builds and more. Lunchtime interviews in the Paddock with the riders and their bikes. Plus Club stands, Motorcycle manufacturers and more.
Do: Take the ride of your life with a thrilling passenger ride experience in a Formula One or Watsonian Squire Sidecar, a Morgan Three Wheeler, Grinnall Trike or Scorpion – available to purchase on the day (leathers required). The Army Reserve will be attending with a Man SV Recovery Truck and providing Career advice; plus visitors can try their hand on the climbing wall and Airsoft Rifle Range.
Meet: Come and meet our special ‘biker’ celebs including; James Hillier, Lighweight TT (650cc) outright lap record, a member of the exclusive ‘132 club’ and the 3rd fastest man around the TT course; former British Superbike and Isle of Man TT road racer Steve Plater; multiple British and Australia Supermoto champion, Chris Hodgson; son of ‘Mike the Bike’ David Haliwood plus BSB rider Richard Cooper, Charlie Nesbitt and for something a little bit bonkers- Matt Mckeown and his World’s Fastest jet-powered Shopping Trolley! Plus lots more yet to be announced!
Watch: ‘On The Edge’ motorcycle stunt show – probably the best Trials Stunt Show we’ve ever seen. Plus the welcome return of the George Formby tribute act from the motorcycle film, No Limit? He’ll also take to the hill on his 1920 ‘Shuttleworth Snap’.
Buy: Be sure to bring lots of cash, with over 100 trade stands and all the motorcycle manufacturers there’s bound to be something you’ll like.
Hear: Live music by 1950s inspired rockabilly band, Josie and the Outlaw and Chickenbone John and his custom guitars! And great food and music throughout the day.